Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro sleep issues with macOS 12.2

My first iMac Pro (purchased in Dec 2017) worked a-ok with external LaCie RAIDs on a single Thunderbolt 3 bus. A 6big RAID 10, 2big RAID 0, and 2big RAID 1. When sleeping the system, the iMac would go to sleep, and all three RAID units also went into sleep mode. Stayed in sleep until I woke up the system.

In March 2018, after appying the macOS 10.13.4 update, attempting to sleep the system would allow the iMac to sleep, but the RAID units would sleep, immediately wake, sleep, wake, etc. indefinitely. Apple finally fixed the issue with macOS 10.14. I applied that update on October 2018.

See this link for the original discussion here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8338061

From October 2018 to a few days ago (prior to the macOS 12.2 update), I was able to sleep my iMac Pro with these external RAIDs a-ok. On December 2020, I purchased a new iMac Pro, but have the same exact RAIDs.

Same issue now with macOS 12.2: The iMac will sleep, but the RAIDs will go to sleep, immediately wake and indefinitely repeat that cycle.

I've since filed another bug via Apple's feedback system (FB9864403).

The original bug seemed to be tied to using wired Ethernet (which I still do; my iMac Pros have always been directly connected to my Cable model via wired Ethernet cable).

Only workaround is to shut down the computer instead of putting to sleep. Irritating, but thankfully the cold boot sequence is very fast (under a minute).

I encourge others that have this issue to also file bugs as this appears to be a regression.

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:54 AM

The same issue with macOS 12.2 waking up constantly and external disks stop/start every few seconds.

Seems that it is related to some bug with bluetooth and here is my workaround - until it is properly fixed by apple I switch bluetooth when computer is going sleep and turn it on when waking up:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterey-bluetooth-wake-issue.2319613/post-30819437

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 3:54 AM in response to as_909

The same issue with macOS 12.2 waking up constantly and external disks stop/start every few seconds.

Seems that it is related to some bug with bluetooth and here is my workaround - until it is properly fixed by apple I switch bluetooth when computer is going sleep and turn it on when waking up:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterey-bluetooth-wake-issue.2319613/post-30819437

Feb 3, 2022 5:39 AM in response to as_909

Had the same problems on my iMac Pro. My solution until fixed: BT Keyboard connection by cable and turning manually the mouse off, before hitting the sleep keys (option-cmd-eject). The bluetooth-plist modification (adding RemoteWakeEnabled key with '0') does not work.

Only with disabled paired BT devices the iMac Pro stays 100% in sleep mode (Monterey 12.2). If any paired BT device is online, the machine wakes again after at last 10s.

iMac Pro sleep issues with macOS 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.