Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display arrangement tab missing

I have successfully connected my Macbook Air 2020 to a LG 27UP600 monitor. I am able to see my desk top screen on the monitor, but I want to use the monitor as a second screen. The goal is to toggle between the two screens, but I can't figure out how to do that. It seems that I need to access the arrangement tab to do this, but it is missing. I am using a VGA adapter. Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 4:25 AM

Why are you using a VGA adapter instead of a certified USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to DisplayPort?

That aside, in System Preferences->Displays, press Display Settings... button:

then in the Use as: dropdown select the option desired:

At anytime you can chose which is main or extended or simply mirror the displays.

I have the same display and have it connected with a certified USB-C to MDMI cable and it is working great. Personally, I have the 27UP600 set as the main display and the MacBook Air display set as the extended display as when working at my desk it is much nicer using the 4K as main display.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 4:25 AM in response to deandawna

Why are you using a VGA adapter instead of a certified USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to DisplayPort?

That aside, in System Preferences->Displays, press Display Settings... button:

then in the Use as: dropdown select the option desired:

At anytime you can chose which is main or extended or simply mirror the displays.

I have the same display and have it connected with a certified USB-C to MDMI cable and it is working great. Personally, I have the 27UP600 set as the main display and the MacBook Air display set as the extended display as when working at my desk it is much nicer using the 4K as main display.

display arrangement tab missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.