Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No mic signal on Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 interface with Logic Pro and can't get the software to show any signal coming from my microphone. When I switch to the built-in mic it picks up a signal, and the interface picks up guitar coming through it just fine. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 12:35 PM

Have you checked the mic cable? I'd try the mic with another cable first.

Anyway, I second Pancenter's question re make and model of your mic.

And a follow-up one, do you have phantom power switched ON or OFF? Before you do anything please read this: https://www.sageaudio.com/blog/studio-equipment/basics-phantom-power-microphones.php

Focusrite Control is just a utility app that helps set up the hardware using a graphic user interface (GUI). Sometimes it's the easiest way to solve an issue, since it offers a visual representation of audio routing and other settings. But if you don't have it installed, then double-check settings in Audio MIDI Setup utility.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 12:35 PM in response to philmustang

Have you checked the mic cable? I'd try the mic with another cable first.

Anyway, I second Pancenter's question re make and model of your mic.

And a follow-up one, do you have phantom power switched ON or OFF? Before you do anything please read this: https://www.sageaudio.com/blog/studio-equipment/basics-phantom-power-microphones.php

Focusrite Control is just a utility app that helps set up the hardware using a graphic user interface (GUI). Sometimes it's the easiest way to solve an issue, since it offers a visual representation of audio routing and other settings. But if you don't have it installed, then double-check settings in Audio MIDI Setup utility.

Feb 9, 2022 6:40 AM in response to Radarhus

Thanks for the suggestions. The input is set to INST (which I think is as good as MIC), not LINE. Also, I don't seem to have a Focusrite Control app when I look in Finder. Would that have anything to do with this Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface having been used on another MacBook previously? I've also put a screenshot in here that shows Logic reading a signal coming from the guitar on Track 1 but not picking anything up from input 1, which is where my mic is run through on the Scarlett. Thanks again for the help.

No mic signal on Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.