Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to save Safari Bookmarks for an OSX re-instal without using Time Machine ?

How do I save my Safari bookmarks without using Time Machine ?

Does iCloud store them ?

Is it possible to save them from the Users Folder or drag and save them from preferences ?

thanks for any help,

t

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 5:39 AM

the method i use to save my bookmarks is to use AppleMenu > Safari > File > Export > Bookmarks.

this will place a file with your bookmarks as clickable links on your desktop. (or the location you use for downloads) then i just drag and drop it to an USB stick.

12 replies

Feb 5, 2022 1:55 PM in response to txchain

txchain wrote:

Hi,

Then what do I do with the exported bookmark list ?

i drag and drop the exported bookmarks file to an USB thumb drive. if i ever needed to restore the bookmarks to safari, i would drag and drop the file from the thumb drive onto my desktop and then import them into safari by using Apple Menu > File > Import From > Bookmarks HTML File.

Feb 5, 2022 10:25 PM in response to BlueberryLover

I understand how to export bookmarks and all you get a list that you can click on. I suppose it will help.

What I'm asking is how to someone restore the bookmarks to appear within the Safari application as they were.

I don't see anything in the preferences folder for safari.

I don't see a Safari folder in the User folder.

I tried using iCloud before and it gave me an old bookmarks list.

There should be a well known answer to restoring anything in the users applications or folder for an erase and re-instal that does involve TimeMachine as the only answer.

Any answers ?

t

how to save Safari Bookmarks for an OSX re-instal without using Time Machine ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.