Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

marvel revolutions and overheating

So heres the issue. Currently I play Marvel Revolutions on both my iPad Pro 11 (2021) and my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I can go a full battery drain on my iPad with settings pretty high (not max on all) and never get the "overheat" feature kick in (the game has an option for heat management and depending on the settings of the game and this feature, it will lower the graphics accordingly when the device starts to get warm/hot). Anyway, as I mentioned, I am able to play a full battery cycle on my iPad, with no issues at all, but just now I tried it on my 13 Pro Max, and within 8 min, the temperature control kicked in. I lowered the settings instead of having it done automatically by the game, and my phone is STILL hot. Hot to the point I can feel the warmth thru the silicone Apple case I have on it, and this is with the graphics set to medium.

I understand that the body size of the devices plays a large part as well, to allow for better cooling and heat dissipation but this is sort of ridiculous. I have never played a game like this on my phone...well on any phone I have owned in the past, but given how much I enjoy it I thought I would give it a try while my iPad is charging.

For such a powerhouse like the 13 Pro Max, wouldn't one assume proper cooling would have been something they could have researched a tad more and is this normal for any decent graphical games????

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 4:53 AM

Hello,

Hmm, this is about all that I can offer:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply

marvel revolutions and overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.