Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System crashes

Hi All

I have a 2018 mac mini. Randomly it seems to crash but not whilst being used. I can sleep the mac in the evening and come back in the morning and sometimes it's crashed and rebooted. Sometimes I will then log it in again ut not open any application and sleep it again and come back to find it's crashed again.

I have re-installed Monterey and also wiped all setting creating a new user from scratch but still suffer the same issue. I did try removing my usb hub incase this was the issue, but no joy. The only other thing connected to it is the apple cinema display, connected via and apple adapter the thunderbolt port.

Crash report attached thanks

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:23 AM

Disable Sleep, it’s unnecessary on later Macs, all pain, no gain. To disable, check “Prevent…” in Energy Preferences and uncheck everything else, should fix. You can leave the display off time as is, unrelated to Sleep. Shut for long absences i.e. > 2 hours.

6 replies

Feb 4, 2022 11:41 AM in response to glennbtn

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8008f17818): kfree: addr 0xffffffa02c6918b0, size 48 found in zone 'data.kalloc.16' with elem_size 16 @kalloc.c:2023

Panicked task 0xffffff902c959350: 5 threads: pid 246: mDNSResponder

every time I get this the computer is restarting what I must do ?

working on Monterey 12.2 .

must I put the energy saver display on never ?

System crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.