Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro lockscreen

When I wake my new iPad Pro from the Lock Screen, at first it’s dim, and then a delay as the intensity adjusts to normal brightness. It didn’t do this when I purchased it less than 30 days ago.

It’s not the same behavior as Auto Brightness. I’ve tried both enabling and disabling.

Thank you kindly in advance!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 7:13 AM

Are you using an iPad case of any type? If so, this may be obscuring the ambient light detector.

Perhaps try a forced restart of your iPad - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 7:13 AM in response to lbanson

Are you using an iPad case of any type? If so, this may be obscuring the ambient light detector.

Perhaps try a forced restart of your iPad - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Ipad pro lockscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.