Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy & Paste from Google Doc to Pages Book Layout Only Creates 1 Page

I have a 15 page text document that I created in Google Docs. I want to copy & paste the entire text into a Pages book layout. When I paste, only the 1st page of the book is created. How do I get all 15 Google Docs pages to paste into several Pages book pages?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 9:53 AM

Pages was never designed to be compatible with Google Docs. What the latter places on the macOS clipboard may not be compatible with what Pages expects. My suggestion is to just download that Google Doc as a Word docx, and open it in a separate Pages window. Then you can paste Pages content between comparable application documents.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 9:53 AM in response to carlagolden

Pages was never designed to be compatible with Google Docs. What the latter places on the macOS clipboard may not be compatible with what Pages expects. My suggestion is to just download that Google Doc as a Word docx, and open it in a separate Pages window. Then you can paste Pages content between comparable application documents.

Copy & Paste from Google Doc to Pages Book Layout Only Creates 1 Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.