Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB C to USB hub 4 ports Compatible with MacBook Air 2015

I need a new USB hub and wish to check the compatibility with my Mac Book Air Early 2015 OS Catalina 10.15.7. Hub description follows

uni USB C to USB Hub 4 Ports, Aluminum USB Type C to USB Adapter with 4 USB 3.0 Ports, Thunderbolt 3 to Multiport USB 3.0 Hub Adapter for MacBook Pro/Air 2020/2019, iPad Pro, Dell, Chromebook and more

This hub available at Amazon Prime

If not can you specify a compatible hub?

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 10:18 AM

Hi,

I think it's not compatible with your MacBook Air early 2015 which doesn't have USB-C port.

Following hub is compatible with your MacBook Air.

https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Charging-Individual-Switches-Extension/dp/B07G8CMR18/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1QAC92A5ZINIJ&keywords=thunderbolt+2+to+usb3+hub&qid=1643652917&s=computers-intl-ship&sprefix=thunderbolt2+to+usb3+hub%2Ccomputers-intl-ship%2C228&sr=1-4

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 11:37 AM in response to kaz-k

kaz-k: really appreciate your prompt response. Placed order. My MacBook getting old. Recently upgraded OS so I could use Excel 2021 & Turbotax 2021. How much longer will I be able to continue with this MacBook? Intend to carry on. Replacing all will cost to many $$$'s & I not very sophisticated user.

Thanks again.

Jan 31, 2022 1:30 PM in response to musiu

musiu wrote:

kaz-k: really appreciate your prompt response. Placed order. My MacBook getting old. Recently upgraded OS so I could use Excel 2021 & Turbotax 2021. How much longer will I be able to continue with this MacBook?.....

If you stick with the version of apps you have now and possibly the OS (no telling what Mac models will be supported in the next macOS upgrade) you can use your Mac until the battery finally wears out or something else that may possibly break.

As far as macOS, even if your Mac isn't supported in the next version of macOS, Monterey will likely be supported with security updates for two years after that (no new features). Also, many app vendors are starting to follow the macOS support cycles to align with currently supported versions of macOS.

So, sooner or later, a new computer will eventually be needed if you want to keep apps and macOS current. Start saving your pennies.

USB C to USB hub 4 ports Compatible with MacBook Air 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.