Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my sound is not working and I don't know why

I don't know why my sound is not working. I already did everything that the page suggested, but is still not working

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:37 PM

Start with this of M1 Mac...

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.

Select a startup disk.

Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac normally, without pressing and holding any keys during startup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 1:37 PM in response to haneury

Start with this of M1 Mac...

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.

Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.

Select a startup disk.

Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac normally, without pressing and holding any keys during startup.

my sound is not working and I don't know why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.