Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

I am using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 on a mid-2010 iMac computer. With the latest push for everyone to update Safari to fix some vulnerabilities, I obviously cannot. Question is if I continue to use my current version Safari 13.1.2, am I protected? If not, I assume I should be using google chrome, firefox, duck duck go, as an example for my browser moving forward until I am able to make a new Apple purchase.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Dawson3

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 10:46 AM

While Safari 13 will still work for somethings. I have found that Safari 13 is no longer considered secure by banking servers for one example, plus it will no longer work for tax software like TurboTax and various media streaming sites like Xfinity.

also have a look at > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252885027

Again if you find that using Google Chrome is bogging down your old iMac, then Mozilla FireFox is the way to go.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 10:46 AM in response to dawson3

While Safari 13 will still work for somethings. I have found that Safari 13 is no longer considered secure by banking servers for one example, plus it will no longer work for tax software like TurboTax and various media streaming sites like Xfinity.

also have a look at > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252885027

Again if you find that using Google Chrome is bogging down your old iMac, then Mozilla FireFox is the way to go.

Feb 15, 2022 7:00 AM in response to den.thed

I just got off the phone with Apple Support. I was told that if I am using the latest version that my computer will allow (10.13.6 High Sierra and Safari 13.1.2) that I am PROTECTED against the latest security vulnerabilities with Safari. That doesn't seem to make sense to me and I wanted to get the Apple Support community to weigh in.

Thanks,

Dawson3

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.