Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no texts unless in contacts

Hi. I need help. I want to block, not silence or put in a spam folder, all texts that are not in my contacts. How do I do that? Is it even possible? I keep getting spam texts. I block them. They simply change their number and call again the next day or even the same day. I’ve filed so many complaints I’m sure I’ve killed a forest of trees.

I just want to keep texts from showing up in any way like only allowing calls that are in my contacts.

Please, can someone give me a hand here? It will be much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:26 PM

I don't think this is possible without a third party application. As you said, you can put them in an "unknown senders" folder (https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/block-filter-and-report-messages-iph203ab0be4/ios) but I know you said in your question that you didn't want to do that.

2 replies

Jan 31, 2022 12:36 PM in response to scottymcraig

How about DND then add only the texts I want to receive would that only deliver those approved only texts? It would take a while to add them all but if it would work it’s better than getting all theses texts. I’m not kidding, I received 10 today. Blocked each one of them. Each one was a different number so blocking doesn’t work. They are all from the same spammer because they all want me to click on the same link. I’ve reported all the numbers to AT&T and even the State Attorney General but nothing is going to happen because they change their number several times a day and are most likely not in this country. I was looking at the DND and it will take time adding approved contacts so knowing it will work prior to doing it would be helpful and keep it from being a waste of time.

Thank you for taking the time to review and answer me. It is nice knowing there are still decent people out there that are helpful.

no texts unless in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.