Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchase dste not validated

Hi all🙂

I was lucky enough to find a brand new sealed iphone XS Max few days ago.after activating the phone i typed the serial number on the “check coverage “apple site and it says “purchase date not validated.I contacted apple support to validate the purchase but nothing changed.i understand that the phone came out few years ago,could this be the problem or something is wrong with the device?Thanks

iPhone XS Max, 15

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:59 PM

You can also try: Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support. Regardless, contacting Apple Support directly may be required. To do so, simply select the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

7 replies

Jan 31, 2022 2:58 PM in response to gabe1983

None of that matters. As far as Apple is concerned the phone has not yet been purchased because the store did not report the sale to Apple. You can try this→Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support, but you may still need to have the store report the sale.

The phone is legitimate, but it won’t have a warranty until the sale is reported to Apple.

Jan 31, 2022 2:45 PM in response to Tesserax

Before i bought it i checked the serial number on the “check coverage” site and it said “please activate your device” but after i set up the phone and i got the “purchase date is not validated” instead of “valid purchase date” the phone was brand new sealed i even paid for the checkmend history checking and everything was “clear”

purchase dste not validated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.