Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EL Capitan

So I can download the Older Operating System to my current Mac. I unzip it and there is a installer pkg file but it will not create the El Capitan installer in the Applications folder as the directions on the Apple Website says it will.

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 2:26 AM

Only Qualifying Computer that can Run El Capitan and do this action .

Computers too Old can not does.

Computer, too New can do this. The Apple Licence of Use prohibits a newer computer to Downgrade to anything Older that the version of macOS the computer came installed with.

Yes, one may what to created a Bootable Installer of El Capitan for an older computer but that can not be done on this computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 2:26 AM in response to cloufek

Only Qualifying Computer that can Run El Capitan and do this action .

Computers too Old can not does.

Computer, too New can do this. The Apple Licence of Use prohibits a newer computer to Downgrade to anything Older that the version of macOS the computer came installed with.

Yes, one may what to created a Bootable Installer of El Capitan for an older computer but that can not be done on this computer.

EL Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.