Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi showing Privacy Warning

My WiFi connection in my IPHONE 12 is showing the WiFi with. Check mark indicating that it is connected to the internet. But, under it is saying :

“Privacy warning”

What do I need to do to protect my privacy in the connection?

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 7:00 PM

This warning means that your router is not up to date with the latest security settings. You can check your router's manual for instructions or you can look up the router's make an model for these instructions. It may be that your router is too old to be updated and should be replaced. In some cases the router is part of the equipment provided by your internet provider. They may need to give you a newer model. These are the recommendations for settings....

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 7:00 PM in response to Bumperjazz

This warning means that your router is not up to date with the latest security settings. You can check your router's manual for instructions or you can look up the router's make an model for these instructions. It may be that your router is too old to be updated and should be replaced. In some cases the router is part of the equipment provided by your internet provider. They may need to give you a newer model. These are the recommendations for settings....

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

WiFi showing Privacy Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.