Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error not enough disk space free on this drive.

Why am I getting this message on my MacBook Pro 2020 running Monterey? Never had a problem before opening games. What do you think I need to do? I've looked in my storage on my Macintosh HD & it has 494.38 GB available which is plenty of space. I'm frustrated. Please give me ideas to try.

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:19 AM

Both games appear to be by G5 entertainment. I would give them a shout:

support@g5e.com

the system requirements is not easy to find on their website.

If they say Intel Mac, the M1 is not Intel, and you need to click once on the App's icon select Get Info in the Finder's File menu, and select use Rosetta 2 to function.

Some games may not work well in Rosetta 2, and you need to wait for them to optimize for the M1 processor.

Alternatively, as I see these are available for the iPad, you may find that running the iPad version on your M1 works better.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 5:19 AM in response to sandee144

Both games appear to be by G5 entertainment. I would give them a shout:

support@g5e.com

the system requirements is not easy to find on their website.

If they say Intel Mac, the M1 is not Intel, and you need to click once on the App's icon select Get Info in the Finder's File menu, and select use Rosetta 2 to function.

Some games may not work well in Rosetta 2, and you need to wait for them to optimize for the M1 processor.

Alternatively, as I see these are available for the iPad, you may find that running the iPad version on your M1 works better.

Jan 31, 2022 6:46 PM in response to sandee144

sandee144 Said:

"Error not enough disk space free on this drive.: Why am I getting this message on my MacBook Pro 2020 running Monterey? Never had a problem before opening games. What do you think I need to do? I've looked in my storage on my Macintosh HD & it has 494.38 GB available which is plenty of space. I'm frustrated. Please give me ideas to try."

-------

Providing a Screenshot:

Please provide a screenshot, leaving out personal information, through use of the Photos app. Go Here: Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Jan 31, 2022 6:45 PM in response to sandee144

That is peculiar to say the least. Is this an M1 chip Mac according to Apple menu -> About This Mac?

The M1 chip may complain if the game is written for Intel Mac, or a different graphics processor. There is a Rosetta 2 option in such games when you click on the application once in the Finder and select Get Info. That may assist in the game working.

Contact the game developer if that's not the problem.

Feb 1, 2022 3:43 AM in response to a brody

Yes this Mac has a M1 chip. All my games are now saying not enough space. I have played these hidden object games for years & this is the first time having these problems. Mac support don't believe it is a software problems but a hard drive issue. Thanks for your answer. I'll sure give it a try. Game developers can't figure it out. Mostly say they work with Windows not Mac which is weird since I got those games from the apple store.

Error not enough disk space free on this drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.