Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while partitioning the disk. Please run Disk Utility to check and fix the error.

so i'm trying to download bootcamp to download games like valorant, i get "An error occurred while partitioning the disk. Please run Disk Utility to check and fix the error." while trying to get bootcamp to do what it needs to do. i search up how to fix this and the official apple website tells me to remove free space on my internal disk by going to the pie chart and to simply remove it.

here's my problem, it says "Operation failed…" trying to remove the free space. any solutions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 7:05 PM

7 replies

Jun 15, 2021 4:28 PM in response to keit77

• For macOS Sierra and older, the disk layout is EFI, macOS, Recovery HD, Bootcamp.
  • For macOS High Sierra and newer, the disk layout is EFI, APFS Container, Bootcamp.

Your disk layout seems to indicate a mix of both. If you have two different accounts, one of which was used to install a clean copy of High Sierra, while the other upgraded to High Sierra, it can explain the mixed layout.

In either case, the current layout is unsupported for Bootcamp. High Sierra has additional issues with the W10 1903 (and newer) ISO files.

My recommendation is to create a Time Machine backup, erase your whole internal disk after the backup, and then install a clean copy of macOS Mojave, install W10.

If you need W7/W8.1, then you should use macOS Sierra or older. High Sierra and later versions only support W10.

What is the year/model of your Mac (do not post the serial number)?

An error occurred while partitioning the disk. Please run Disk Utility to check and fix the error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.