Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted Disks after removing Windows using BootCamp

Today I tried to remove Windows with BootCamp as I no longer use it and need the space. That failed and I was left with 100GB of "Free Space" showing in Disk Utility. After trying to remove that volume I got the following error log:

Trying to run First Aid on the Disks that appear on Disk Utility returns the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 17, 2022 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 11:43 AM

I've sorted it myself.

For those wondering, you need to boot into recovery mode (⌘+R while powering on).

Then choose your user and select Disk Utility. From there, you need to click View then "Show All Devices" (or ⌘+2).

When all devices are shown, you click the Container for Macintosh HD-Data (not the actual Macintosh HD-Data) and run First Aid.

Once that's completed, restart your device and you should be good to go!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 11:43 AM in response to jack_h00

I've sorted it myself.

For those wondering, you need to boot into recovery mode (⌘+R while powering on).

Then choose your user and select Disk Utility. From there, you need to click View then "Show All Devices" (or ⌘+2).

When all devices are shown, you click the Container for Macintosh HD-Data (not the actual Macintosh HD-Data) and run First Aid.

Once that's completed, restart your device and you should be good to go!

Corrupted Disks after removing Windows using BootCamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.