Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While setting up two iPhones, I signed in to WhatsApp on with the wrong number. I now can’t get my messages. WhatsApp help is useless

How do I get my old (correct number) back in WhatsApp? I would also love to keep my Chat history. Please don’t ask me to rely on WhatsApp Help as they just send answers to questions I haven’t posed. This problem is ruining my experience of my new iPhone 13

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 11:44 PM

I solved the problem myself! Ensure that the phone is on data so it can receive a code from WhatsApp. Since WhatsApp won’t let one revert back to one’s old phone number, I simply deleted the WhatsApp app on my new phone. Then, I downloaded the app again from the App Store. I was asked to enter my number. It worked! All my chat history is intact (& I had made sure to back it up to iCloud on my old phone). On the older phone (now my husband’s), I used Change Number (see WhatsApp Settings, Account) to enter his new number. It worked and all my chat history is there too.

I know that WhatsApp is not supported by Apple so none of the experts on here would deign to answer my question. Had someone answered my plea for help, it would have saved me lots of stress. Good luck to everyone who has the same problem!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 11:44 PM in response to Mtlcl

I solved the problem myself! Ensure that the phone is on data so it can receive a code from WhatsApp. Since WhatsApp won’t let one revert back to one’s old phone number, I simply deleted the WhatsApp app on my new phone. Then, I downloaded the app again from the App Store. I was asked to enter my number. It worked! All my chat history is intact (& I had made sure to back it up to iCloud on my old phone). On the older phone (now my husband’s), I used Change Number (see WhatsApp Settings, Account) to enter his new number. It worked and all my chat history is there too.

I know that WhatsApp is not supported by Apple so none of the experts on here would deign to answer my question. Had someone answered my plea for help, it would have saved me lots of stress. Good luck to everyone who has the same problem!

While setting up two iPhones, I signed in to WhatsApp on with the wrong number. I now can’t get my messages. WhatsApp help is useless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.