Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manage family sharing for my kids' iPod touch?

I, as the "organizer" do not own a Mac or any other apple products. How do I manage family sharing for my kids' ipod touch under the age of 13?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:52 AM

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android. Click on this link to learn how --> https://support.apple.com/HT212154

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

As you can see from the above, managing Family Sharing without an Apple device is very limited. If by "manage" you really mean all the options available with parental controls, those are pretty much nonexistant without Apple hardware.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

In the end you may find you have to do these things on the child's iPhone directly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 6:52 AM in response to Summertif

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android. Click on this link to learn how --> https://support.apple.com/HT212154

"How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

As you can see from the above, managing Family Sharing without an Apple device is very limited. If by "manage" you really mean all the options available with parental controls, those are pretty much nonexistant without Apple hardware.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

In the end you may find you have to do these things on the child's iPhone directly.

How do I manage family sharing for my kids' iPod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.