Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't change the default location of the Ipad weather widget

I make a new widget, and set to my location (in garden grove, california) and it works. when i go back to the widget menu, all the widget sizes show san gabriel, ca as the default. I can't remove san gabriel from my list of cities, and since there is no weather app for the ipad (yet there's a widget, which makes no sense) i can't change the settings for the weather widget.

and the widget works fine for a couple of days but it always reverts back to san gabriel even though I'm in garden grove.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 2:07 AM

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget that appears in either the Today view or a Home Screen - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

You can have multiple widgets, each with a different location setting - but the location must be set from the widget itself. The location can only be set after the widget has been created.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 2:07 AM in response to sarcastor

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget that appears in either the Today view or a Home Screen - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

You can have multiple widgets, each with a different location setting - but the location must be set from the widget itself. The location can only be set after the widget has been created.

I can't change the default location of the Ipad weather widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.