Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alter MDM restrcitions on device?

I have an IPadPro given to me by my job. They have an MDM profile with a few restrictions, one of them being in-app purchases. I have already purchased a subscription to notability and would like to be able to use the pro version on my iPad, but when I click the restore purchases button for my iPad to pick up that I already own this subscription, the MDM profile is blocking the ability to detect this because in-app purchases are not allowed. Is there a way to get around this? I do not want to delete the MDM profile but I would like to be able to use purchases that have already been made on other devices.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:31 AM

The presence of a Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment.  The entire point of a Management Profile is to apply a control policy that pre-configures many settings of the device - and/or restricts, by policy, what you may or may not be permitted to do with the device.

By intention, devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only have the policy modified or released by the central management platform that manages the device.

Your only available option is to seek assistance from the System Administrator who manages your device.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 1:31 AM in response to jacque121

The presence of a Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment.  The entire point of a Management Profile is to apply a control policy that pre-configures many settings of the device - and/or restricts, by policy, what you may or may not be permitted to do with the device.

By intention, devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only have the policy modified or released by the central management platform that manages the device.

Your only available option is to seek assistance from the System Administrator who manages your device.

Alter MDM restrcitions on device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.