Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing apple id

I want to give my child an old iPad. I need to change the Apple ID so they have their own and they will not receive my messages. Can this be done without resetting the iPad so as to not loose the apps they already have on it.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 2:09 AM

Yes, it can by using Family Sharing with purchase sharing, and creating a new children's Apple ID for the iPad. In this way your account can share apps you have purchased using your Apple ID and at the same time the iPad has a separate Apple ID.

See What is Family Sharing and Setup Family Sharing

See How to share purchases with your family

See How to Create a new Apple ID and Create an Apple ID for your child [under 13]

You will need to sign yourself out of your account on the iPad, then sign in with the new account and then set it up with the apps you wish it to have.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 2:09 AM in response to D12uk

Yes, it can by using Family Sharing with purchase sharing, and creating a new children's Apple ID for the iPad. In this way your account can share apps you have purchased using your Apple ID and at the same time the iPad has a separate Apple ID.

See What is Family Sharing and Setup Family Sharing

See How to share purchases with your family

See How to Create a new Apple ID and Create an Apple ID for your child [under 13]

You will need to sign yourself out of your account on the iPad, then sign in with the new account and then set it up with the apps you wish it to have.

Changing apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.