Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, scratch on the screen

The scratch is on the screen, when you run your nail on top of the screen you can feel it... I dont know how it got on there... I've never done anything bad to it... Could it be because I was taking the phone inside a carry bag into my dads work place and leaving it in a discrete location, I know there were other people present there but I was keeping it safe with me most of the time... could someone have done something malicious with it it on purpose or they might not even noticed it?? I dont remember doing any such bad scratches... What is best solution from here... Ive got all the Apple insurances and bought it form Apple direct...

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 4:39 AM

Hello,

It could have happened accidentally anywhere. If it bothers you, and you have AppleCare+, you could have the screen replaced:

AppleCare+ for iPhone

Good luck.

5 replies

Feb 1, 2022 7:13 AM in response to rodger18

Honestly, the best solution is to ALWAYS install a good quality screen protector the moment you take an new iPhone out of the box. Glass can scratch. Screen protectors protect the glass.

Cosmetic damage is not covered by Apple Warranty. If you don't want to pay for a screen replacement, put a protector on, which will prevent future scratches and likely hide the existing scratch.

Feb 1, 2022 3:00 PM in response to MrBill3

I’m not sure that the days I took the phone to work actually caused something bad to the phone or not… like could that little scratch be because someone hit it very hard perhaps it might have further issues down the track… I had the iPhone kneeling next to the cooler lunch box and it was a hot day… when I used the camera on that day I had some kind of foggy bits on the display… I’m just scared as this iPhone cost me so much money I think I shouldn’t of taken it to work… especially construction… but I always kept it inside the good covered bag and rarely took it out and kept it by my side when someone was around… there wasn’t a lot of other people there and it was a quite and relaxed private work site… it just bothers me a lot now that something could of happened to it.. that I can’t see from the inside…

iPhone 13 Pro Max, scratch on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.