Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing light

The light on the black box keeps flashing. I have unplugged the unit for hours, I have charged the remote, and I can’t get into Apple TV at all to follow any instructions. My TV goes to HDMI2 like it is supposed to.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 3:52 AM

The flashing status light signifies a failure to start up properly. You may need to have the system software re-installed. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t perform the external restore themselves. Instead, contact Apple for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 3:52 AM in response to shirleen180

The flashing status light signifies a failure to start up properly. You may need to have the system software re-installed. Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t perform the external restore themselves. Instead, contact Apple for assistance.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support

Flashing light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.