Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing White LED apple TV - cannot reboot with remote or unplugging

My apple TV box has a flashing white light and is showing nothing on screen. I can not reboot it with the remote and it does the same thing every time I plug it in. I am uncertain if I can connect it to my computer as all I see is the HDMI port and my computer does not have a USB-C type on my computer if that's needed. I have literally used this thing a handful of times and it's already cratered. Not impressed at all.

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 10:02 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The flashing status light means it fails to start up properly. The remedy is to restore through iTunes. Restore your Apple TV through iTunes - Apple Support (2nd to 4th generation). That needs an USB connection, but the end that connects to the computer can be an USB-A connector.

The Apple TV 4K model doesn’t have an USB port. If that model needs restoring, then you’ll have to bring it in to Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 10:02 AM in response to AMJ77

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The flashing status light means it fails to start up properly. The remedy is to restore through iTunes. Restore your Apple TV through iTunes - Apple Support (2nd to 4th generation). That needs an USB connection, but the end that connects to the computer can be an USB-A connector.

The Apple TV 4K model doesn’t have an USB port. If that model needs restoring, then you’ll have to bring it in to Apple.

Flashing White LED apple TV - cannot reboot with remote or unplugging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.