Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV (A1469) is on but no image appears on the screen.

I have used this Apple TV (A1469) for several years. We moved to another house and left the TV behind. Here I used the same HDMI cable to plug the ATV HDMI output into an HDMI input port on a Samsung TV (about 4 years old). I used the remote to turn on the ATV but no image appears on the screen. What can I do? I need to reset all of the settings (WiFi, etc.) but I cannot see anything. The status light blinks to indicate it is receiving commands from the ATV remote. (The TV is 1080p compatible.) I don't think there is a hard reset button on the ATV. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 3:42 PM

HDMI cables are inexpensive, if you are in the USA get one from bestbuy.com but purchase a good quality cable, not the cheapest thing you can find. Please also check to see that the TV is set to the correct input from the HDMI cable.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 14, 2020 2:18 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for your suggestions. I said earlier that "no image appears on the screen" but that is not quite correct. When the TV input is switched to HDMI the TV says "No signal. Check cable connections." No image appeared on the screen from the ATV. Unfortunately I do not have a spare/new HDMI cable to try right now.

I did try power cycling the ATV and that produced an image on the screen (white Apple with green background, poor resolution and a bit wavy) and after about 10 seconds it disappeared and I could not get anything back. I pushed the buttons on the remote and the status light blinked indicated that it got a signal it could interpret (not an error response) but it made no difference. I did the power cycle again with exactly the same results. Do you think that HDMI cable might still be at fault? Thanks for your help.

My Apple TV (A1469) is on but no image appears on the screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.