Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i mute a single conversation /iMessage on ipad?

I have a group text (iMessage) and want to mute that one text on my IPAD. How? There are simple instructions for the iPhone but I can’t find anything for the iPad which operates differently.

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:14 AM

Hello Regina7093,

It sounds like you want to mute notifications for a specific conversation in Messages on your iPad. We’d be glad to assist. 

The ‘Mute notifications for a conversation’ section of this article walks you through how to do this:

Change message notifications on iPad

If you are trying to achieve something else, please provide more details. 

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 10:14 AM in response to Regina7093

Hello Regina7093,

It sounds like you want to mute notifications for a specific conversation in Messages on your iPad. We’d be glad to assist. 

The ‘Mute notifications for a conversation’ section of this article walks you through how to do this:

Change message notifications on iPad

If you are trying to achieve something else, please provide more details. 

Cheers!

How do i mute a single conversation /iMessage on ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.