Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mute group text messages or intervals

Can you mute ALL group texts and keep the same settings for all other 1 to 1 texts?

The preferred would be to send me 1 alert when the first message of the group lands and then automatically mute the audio for the group going forward?

I can see that you have options to disable group but I just want to set the audio to either mute any and all group texts OR have intervals to check every 10 minutes or so and send me 1 alert no matter how many messages have been received.

I know I can mute a specific group text but when the person texting you adds or removes a contact it seems to create a new group text that needs to be muted again. The real problem is many alerts in a short time is unnecessary

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 11:42 AM

JsoniPhone wrote:

Can you mute ALL group texts and keep the same settings for all other 1 to 1 texts?

The preferred would be to send me 1 alert when the first message of the group lands and then automatically mute the audio for the group going forward?

I can see that you have options to disable group but I just want to set the audio to either mute any and all group texts OR have intervals to check every 10 minutes or so and send me 1 alert no matter how many messages have been received.

I know I can mute a specific group text but when the person texting you adds or removes a contact it seems to create a new group text that needs to be muted again. The real problem is many alerts in a short time is unnecessary

No you manually mute each group thread Leave a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 11:42 AM in response to JsoniPhone

JsoniPhone wrote:

No you manually mute each group thread Leave a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mute group text messages or intervals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.