Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime no microphone

I am trying to record audio with a screen recording but it does not see my Microphone. If i do only audio recording it see's both mics but screen record sees neither. If i go into settings Quicktime is not listed under microphone so i cannot even allow the program to use my mic. I've already tried resetting the microphone settings and when i open Quicktime it still will not ask to use the Mic. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:43 PM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2022 4:30 AM in response to Jae0713

Not sure what to make of that. I can’t replicate your issue. When I connect my AirPods Pro to the Mac, they do show up as a selectable microphone for QuickTime Screen Recording.

If a restart of the Mac doesn’t fix it, then try some generic Mac troubleshooting.

- Start up your Mac in Safe Mode to exclude non-standard software from interfering. If the issue goes away, then some startup item was likely the cause.

- Start up your Mac in a different Mac user account. If that changes behavior, then the issue is likely in some Preference setting or other user-centric property.

What is your model Mac? What is its version system software? About System Information on your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

quicktime no microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.