Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extremely Slow WiFi Speeds with M1 Pro MacBook Pro

My 2021 M1 Pro MacBook Pro is experiencing extremely slow Wifi speeds. I've tried resetting the modem and router, resetting the laptop's network connections, and contacting our ISP. I'm pretty sure it's the machine and not the router because my old Intel MacBook Pro gets substantially faster Wifi speeds from the same location in our apartment.

Right now I'm getting 2.2 Mbps on the M1 Pro machine and 160 Mbps on the Intel MacBook Pro and they're side by side.

Is there any known fix for this? Or is it just a failure of the hardware?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 5:25 PM

first, you need to rule out software interference.

so restart and test again in Safe mode.

If no change, create a snapshot of your Wi-Fi while in safe mode, (hold down the Option key while you click on the Wi-Fi Icon on the menubar) and post that snapshot back here for readers to analyze. Looks like this older one:

... and while you are there, use Wireless diagnostics to take a look at your Wi-Fi and take its suggestions, or post any puzzling ones back here. Skip the diagnostic report, it is not human-readable, it is for use when working with Network Engineers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 5:25 PM in response to dscott113

first, you need to rule out software interference.

so restart and test again in Safe mode.

If no change, create a snapshot of your Wi-Fi while in safe mode, (hold down the Option key while you click on the Wi-Fi Icon on the menubar) and post that snapshot back here for readers to analyze. Looks like this older one:

... and while you are there, use Wireless diagnostics to take a look at your Wi-Fi and take its suggestions, or post any puzzling ones back here. Skip the diagnostic report, it is not human-readable, it is for use when working with Network Engineers.

Extremely Slow WiFi Speeds with M1 Pro MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.