Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display issue w/ MacBook Pro 13" Retina w/ Touch Bar

Hi, I've been having some issues with my MacBook Pro display since yesterday.

The colours on my display have become really off and kinda washed, plus, all the drop shadows look really odd and not natural (I included a picture from my phone), and sometimes some lighter colours like white or light gray will flicker. Also, it seems like there was a drop in quality on my display as now, I can see the pixels in the fonts and icons from the top bar.

I am someone who takes care of my devices, so I never dropped it or anything. It was all of a sudden when I did a restart. I have tried all of the solutions online, including restarting my MacBook with a SMC reset, and PRAM/NVRAM. Also, I have tried reinstalling the OS which didn't fix the issue

As you can see, the shadow is kind of a border, and my color wheel in my Adobe softwares are darker in the parts they should be lighter.

Although, it is only affecting my MacBook retina screen, because when I screen mirror or plug it in another display, it is fine one those.

Can someone help me with this situation, I don't have an Apple store near me at the moment. The one near me is closed at the moment.

Thanks for your help in advance.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 5:16 PM

Hi MigBoisvenue,

Unfortunately, it looks like that could be a hardware problem on your Mac. That said, if your MacBook Pro with Touch Bar was made in 2016, it might be eligible for a free repair: 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Display issue w/ MacBook Pro 13" Retina w/ Touch Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.