Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal hard drive not showing up utility

My 2017 Macbook showing flashing folder with question mark. In macos recovery utility internal hard drive not detected. My operating system on this computer ios big sur.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 9:57 PM

joanmaleah Said:

"Internal hard drive not showing up utility: My 2017 Macbook showing flashing folder with question mark. In macos recovery utility internal hard drive not detected. My operating system on this computer ios big sur."

-------

Troubleshooting a Question Mark:

Learn form This:

First off, learn from this, knowing to always backup your Mac every so often, so that you a have something to restore your Mac from, for instance such as this.

So, Three Things...

I. Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

II. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

III. If Neither of the Above Works...

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 9:57 PM in response to joanmaleah

joanmaleah Said:

"Internal hard drive not showing up utility: My 2017 Macbook showing flashing folder with question mark. In macos recovery utility internal hard drive not detected. My operating system on this computer ios big sur."

-------

Troubleshooting a Question Mark:

Learn form This:

First off, learn from this, knowing to always backup your Mac every so often, so that you a have something to restore your Mac from, for instance such as this.

So, Three Things...

I. Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

II. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

III. If Neither of the Above Works...

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

Internal hard drive not showing up utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.