Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

it arrived from mail it was locked and I haven’t heard from him since

I bought a used iPad Air 2 and it’s on the activation lock but it doesn’t say it’s stolen which should be good right? Am I able to have apple factory reset with a paper bill of sale?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:22 AM

The receipt you have is probably for the sale to you, and not the original receipt when the iPad Air was purchased from Apple or an authorised vendor.

The requirements are quite clear about removing the activation lock and available in Apple's support document How to remove Activation Lock: use the password or present a sales receipt.

That article advises that if the owner can't remember the password and has an original sales receipt, then a request for Activation Lock support can be made.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 2:22 AM in response to Dillon1234five

The receipt you have is probably for the sale to you, and not the original receipt when the iPad Air was purchased from Apple or an authorised vendor.

The requirements are quite clear about removing the activation lock and available in Apple's support document How to remove Activation Lock: use the password or present a sales receipt.

That article advises that if the owner can't remember the password and has an original sales receipt, then a request for Activation Lock support can be made.

it arrived from mail it was locked and I haven’t heard from him since

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.