Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max unusual lens flare, glare, ghosting issue!

..tried changing the angles, light source while taking the photographs, but the issue remains..! :(

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 3:13 PM

There is nothing unusual in your photos and as LD150 correctly assesses, you are taking night mode photos directly pointing the camera at bright light sources, which would absolutely do what you posted. Avoid taking night mode photos directly of bright lights. Also look at your iPhone screen and you'll see the flares plainly. Had you angled the phones camera differently, you could have avoided or greatly diminished the flares.

Bottom line is there is nothing wrong with your camera.

To illustrate my point of angling the camera differently, please see the following two photos I took with my then iPhone 12 Pro Max of Holiday lights on my deck. I never moved my position. I saw the flares and repositioned the camera to eliminate them:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 3:13 PM in response to ashishv_26

There is nothing unusual in your photos and as LD150 correctly assesses, you are taking night mode photos directly pointing the camera at bright light sources, which would absolutely do what you posted. Avoid taking night mode photos directly of bright lights. Also look at your iPhone screen and you'll see the flares plainly. Had you angled the phones camera differently, you could have avoided or greatly diminished the flares.

Bottom line is there is nothing wrong with your camera.

To illustrate my point of angling the camera differently, please see the following two photos I took with my then iPhone 12 Pro Max of Holiday lights on my deck. I never moved my position. I saw the flares and repositioned the camera to eliminate them:

iPhone 12 Pro Max unusual lens flare, glare, ghosting issue!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.