Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatible with Microsoft?

Is this Version of macOS Monterey compatible with Microsoft?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:42 AM

Microsoft is a company, not a specific application.

Given that, I assume you're referring to Microsoft Office.

Microsoft offers a version of Office and Microsoft 365 that is compatible with macOS Monterey.

At the very least, you will need a fully updated (64 bit) version of Office 2016, though Office 2016 is no longer fully supported.

You can get more information at Microsoft.com

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 5:42 AM in response to ginny267

Microsoft is a company, not a specific application.

Given that, I assume you're referring to Microsoft Office.

Microsoft offers a version of Office and Microsoft 365 that is compatible with macOS Monterey.

At the very least, you will need a fully updated (64 bit) version of Office 2016, though Office 2016 is no longer fully supported.

You can get more information at Microsoft.com

Feb 2, 2022 5:43 AM in response to ginny267

The Mac versions of Office 2016 and 2019 are; I have both installed and running as expected on Monterey. They ran just fine on all versions.

Microsoft recently announced the latest versions of Office is M1 chip compatible; I seems to me that means Microsoft 365 and the stand alone versions are thereby compatible with Monterey. But I have no hands on experience other than 2016 and 2016.

Compatible with Microsoft?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.