You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome is missing ‘add to homescreen’ option

Hello there, I used to be able to able to highlight a frequently visited site, tap … top right, add to homescreen. That option is missing. Any ideas? Many thanks

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 5:17 AM

Thanks, it’s chrome I’m using & I have looked ar help - ‘At the top right, click More. Settings.

1. Under "Appearance," turn on Show Home button.

I don’t have more settings or appearance anywhere. Not to worry.

2 replies

Feb 3, 2022 7:30 AM in response to Nomadibility

Hi, Nomadibility. 

We understand that you’re wanting to add a Chrome bookmark to your Home Screen on your iPad, but you no longer see that option. We may be able to offer some assistance. 

For specific assistance with the Google Chrome app on your iPad, we encourage you to research the issue with their Help Center or Community.

Google Chrome Help

In the interim, you should have the option to add the website to your Home Screen using Safari. 

Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Warmest Regards.

Chrome is missing ‘add to homescreen’ option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.