Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in an iPhone SE with a broken screen

i have an iphone SE (newer model) and am wanting to trade it in. although it has a small crack on the bottom left of the phone (not on screen) apart from that everything else words perfectly. how much would i get if i was to trade it in?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:06 AM

4 replies

Feb 15, 2022 8:15 PM in response to Jessica_Webb

Jessica_Webb wrote:
How much is it For A Replacement Screen For A Iphone SE 2? The touch stopped working but everything else worked and had a guy look at it and he messed up my touch button as well so now i think i need to send it in and yall look at it!

$129 plus tax in the United States if done through Apple.

iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support
iPhone SE screen replacement costs in the United States
iPhone SE Screen repair (out of warranty)

iPhone SE (2nd generation)$ 129
iPhone SE$ 129

If the home button (with Touch ID) was damaged, a screen replacement includes everything including a working home button. I hesitate to say "new" because Apple reuses parts that still work and are in good shape. The one caveat is that getting outside repair may mean that Apple declines to work on it. At the very least they will require disclosure of any third party or self repair efforts and parts. From what I understand, they're mostly worried about whether or not the it was damaged. If whoever did it for you messed up something inside, that's not going to be good. They might say the only "repair" will be a complete replacement or even decline all repair service.

Feb 2, 2022 11:09 AM in response to appleuser2357

At least in the United States, the trade-in would likely be $60 if everything is working and in good condition, but the touchscreen has any substantial damage. Any crack would meet that definition no matter the size. All they're going to do is replace the entire front screen assembly. But the difference is less than the cost of having Apple replacing the touchscreen.

Trade in an iPhone SE with a broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.