Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Privacy warning

I have a privacy warning on when I connect to my home Wi-Fi. Even though I have a VPN and private connection toggled on. How do I know if I’m being monitored?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 11:52 AM

That warning indicates that your router has not been updated to the latest and greatest security setting. Your router's manual should contain instructions for changing this setting. If you have no manual, you can Google your router's make and model to find instructions. In some cases the router is included with your internet provider's device. In this case you will need to contact them. Your router may be too old to be updated. It should be replaced with a newer model. This link contains Apple's recommendations....

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 11:52 AM in response to Anitaluv143

That warning indicates that your router has not been updated to the latest and greatest security setting. Your router's manual should contain instructions for changing this setting. If you have no manual, you can Google your router's make and model to find instructions. In some cases the router is included with your internet provider's device. In this case you will need to contact them. Your router may be too old to be updated. It should be replaced with a newer model. This link contains Apple's recommendations....

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Privacy warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.