Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update or download app it’s keep saying verification required billing information

I can’t update or download app it’s keep saying verification required billing information

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:50 PM

You see the ‘Verification Required’ popup because of an error with the payment method currently connected with your Apple ID. You get this message when a payment method has failed, or if the particular device has never purchased a paid app, or downloaded a free app, or if there is a pending unpaid balance on the account.

The leading cause for the ‘Verification Required’ message on your iPhone is a faulty credit card. To get rid of the issue, you have to change your Apple ID payment method.

Ref: Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 1:50 PM in response to Duckworth228

You see the ‘Verification Required’ popup because of an error with the payment method currently connected with your Apple ID. You get this message when a payment method has failed, or if the particular device has never purchased a paid app, or downloaded a free app, or if there is a pending unpaid balance on the account.

The leading cause for the ‘Verification Required’ message on your iPhone is a faulty credit card. To get rid of the issue, you have to change your Apple ID payment method.

Ref: Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.