Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone charging port

i got snow in my phone charging port. Would there be water damage? I have a iPhone 13 pro max and would there be damage if I charge the phone ?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 4:48 PM

There can be, but newer iPhone models have electronic liquid detectors that will stop accepting power through the port until they sense that there is no longer any moisture. It might be possible to charge wirelessly though, since that bypasses the Lightning port.

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Support

There are other liquid detection indicators on an iPhone, but the one that's easiest to find it at the SIM card slot. This is really more of a warning that Apple doesn't cover liquid damage under warranty, but it also notes where the liquid contact indicators are if you're worried about it. If any of them (anywhere on an iPhone) turns red, Apple will consider a device non-serviceable. The only service offered will be an out of warranty service replacement or an AppleCare+ damage replacement.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 4:48 PM in response to salaam50

There can be, but newer iPhone models have electronic liquid detectors that will stop accepting power through the port until they sense that there is no longer any moisture. It might be possible to charge wirelessly though, since that bypasses the Lightning port.

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Support

There are other liquid detection indicators on an iPhone, but the one that's easiest to find it at the SIM card slot. This is really more of a warning that Apple doesn't cover liquid damage under warranty, but it also notes where the liquid contact indicators are if you're worried about it. If any of them (anywhere on an iPhone) turns red, Apple will consider a device non-serviceable. The only service offered will be an out of warranty service replacement or an AppleCare+ damage replacement.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

Phone charging port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.