Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I still have Apple Care on my old I Phone that I traded in at Apple for my new I Phone 13, can I transfer the care to my new ophone?

Can I transfer my Apple Care from my I-phone SE over to my new I-phone 13?

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:17 PM

No, but you can cancel the AppleCare+ on the old phone and get a refund if you have time left on it and then purchase AppleCare+ for the new phone. See→Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 13, 2022 4:11 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Verizon did a warranty replacement on my iPhone 12 Pro. So Apple care + didn’t transfer like it did when best buy replaced a previous one. Apple DID transfer the plan to my new device. It took then an hour and 20 minutes, and now cancelling the remainder of plan has become a nightmare. But it can be done. Maybe shouldn’t be done based on my still going experience

I still have Apple Care on my old I Phone that I traded in at Apple for my new I Phone 13, can I transfer the care to my new ophone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.