Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro won’t connect to wifi

I’m having this problem where my macbook won’t connect to wifi at all, and any time I try to open my network preferences it immediately says there was an error in network preferences and I cant access network preferences at all to connect to wifi. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:17 PM

Safe boot didn’t work and I can’t reinstall macOS since it wont connect to wifi and I cant access anything to do with network. Any other solutions?

3 replies

Feb 3, 2022 6:12 PM in response to tttrashcam

tttrashcam Said:

"Macbook Pro won’t connect to wifi: Safe boot didn’t work and I can’t reinstall macOS since it wont connect to wifi and I cant access anything to do with network. Any other solutions?"

-------

Have a Modem/Router? If so...

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting a reinstall through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. Once connected, perform then reinstall.

Feb 2, 2022 5:29 PM in response to tttrashcam

tttrashcam Said:

"Macbook Pro won’t connect to wifi: I’m having this problem where my macbook won’t connect to wifi at all, and any time I try to open my network preferences it immediately says there was an error in network preferences and I cant access network preferences at all to connect to wifi. How do I fix this?"

-------

Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally seeing if you still get this error.

If any Errors Reside...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Prior to the reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to back up your Mac with Time Machine, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything happen after the reinstall.

Macbook Pro won’t connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.