Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Windows app sign in problem

Getting really frustrated on this problem.

New pc, first install of iCloud app from Microsoft store. Trying to sign in and after two step authentication the sign in process stops with following error:

"You cannot sign in to iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of this Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in again."

First of all, I dont have a Mac, never had. I'm trying to sign in with Windows 10 PC.

I can sign in to iCloud with browser and with all my Apple devices, so the problem is just with the Windows application.

I have restarted my computer at least ten times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Icloud several times with Administrator account and non-administrator account.

I can sign in to iTunes app, and i have deauthorized and reauthorized my computer several times.

I also can sign in to iCloud with browser, so the problem is just with the Windows application.

I have removed my PC from my devices under my account several times.

I've restarted Bonjour-process a few times.

I have ended all Apple or iCloud processess on my computer.

My Windows is up to date and it meets the iCloud requirements, I don't have a VPN running.

I have changed my AppleID password.

Is there something I can do to get the app working??

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:01 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 3, 2022 1:19 PM in response to AREAREARE

I am having the same problem. I have done all the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned in your post plus, re-installed my Windows (tried different versions, i. e., 11 Pro, 10 Pro, 8, Vista), re-flashed my motherboard bios, executed an image recovery, and still the same error "You cannot sign in to iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of this Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in again."

I also tried with a different icloud ID that I created just for testing and not working.

Spend 3 hours with tech support and the issue was escalated to Apple engineers.

Curious thing is that when checking the apple services status (https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/) all of them are green.

Apple, could you fix this ASAP?

Feb 3, 2022 12:14 PM in response to AREAREARE

I have encountered this problem today and searched Google for it today, and your post is from today (3rd February 2022). So it looks like this issue appeared today, and for many others as well, considering that 56 people clicked on "I have this question too" button. I'm just glad to see that you are on Windows 10. I am still on Windows 7 and I thought that this error was due to iCloud cutting off support for Windows 7. But I guess it's something else. Maybe something on Apple's side this time. I guess we wait and see ... for a short while at least.

iCloud Windows app sign in problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.