Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Trouble signing into APP STORE with apple ID on older OS (Yosemite)

Hello, I have added MAC OS Yosemite to an external SSD and everything is functioning as it should however I am having problems migrating files from time machine backups so I want to upgrade it to Mojave. The issue is I cannot download from the apple store because I am being told that my password is incorrect. That is NOT the case. In fact I am typing this on the same OS using chrome and I signed into my apple ID to post this. I cannot figure why the apple store would be telling me my password is incorrect on this operating system. It works on Monterey (on the internal drive) and I can sign into icloud on this OS (Yosemite) without issues.

Any thoughts? Thank you

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 9:23 AM

See: If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support - On May 25, 2018, Apple introduced security changes that prevent Windows XP or Vista PCs and Apple TV (1st generation) from using the iTunes Store. OS X El Capitan at least will be required on Macs. Any hardware considered to be obsolete [ Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support ] may not work.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 9:23 AM in response to Joshua Vereen

See: If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support - On May 25, 2018, Apple introduced security changes that prevent Windows XP or Vista PCs and Apple TV (1st generation) from using the iTunes Store. OS X El Capitan at least will be required on Macs. Any hardware considered to be obsolete [ Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support ] may not work.

Trouble signing into APP STORE with apple ID on older OS (Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.