Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I once own logic pro 9 on disk. Now I have a laptop that doesn't have a disk drive. I want to get back into music producing. What do I have to do? buy the software again?

I once owned logic pro 9 on disk. Now I have a laptop that doesn't have a disk drive. I want to get back into music producing. What do I have to do? buy the software again?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:32 AM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2022 12:14 PM in response to billyfromborehamwood

Totally agree with the two replies above.

Just a little correction: if you still have Logic Pro 9 installation DVDs, all you need is any portable DVD-drive to install it, not necessarily Superdrive. Also, if you have a powerful enough Mac, you can run a legacy Mac OSX (and LP9) in a virtual machine, using VM software like VirtualBox, or similar.

That being said, though, it's totally worth it to switch to current Logic Pro. It costs less and packs more. I personally like the new genre-oriented loop packs. Plus, it allows to download all legacy sound content for compatibility with projects created with earlier versions.

I once own logic pro 9 on disk. Now I have a laptop that doesn't have a disk drive. I want to get back into music producing. What do I have to do? buy the software again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.