Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it worth it to use Apple watch Stainless Steel Link bracelet with Aluminum Case

I am carrying an Apple watch series 7 in a starlight Aluminum case with a leather band (I took off the original Nike band that came along with the watch and ordered a leather band).

Now I am thinking to get a stainless steel link bracelet for the watch. I want to know is it worth it to use this expensive band with an Aluminum case watch and does the weight and stronger metal will affect the Aluminum case in any way.

I understand I could have bought a titanium or steel case watch in the very first place but I was not sure at that time if I will be using my watch continuously. But now it is part of my daily routine.

Please advise if this combination will be good enough. Also, the Stainless steel bracelet is 42 mm and my watch is 45 mm so will it be perfectly compatible?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 10:35 AM

It is entirely up to you, if that is what you want. There should be no compatibility issues.

You can match most bands with any Apple Watch Series 3 or newer case of the same size. The 41mm bands work with 38mm and 40mm cases; the 45mm bands work with 42mm and 44mm cases.

The Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop bands are only compatible with Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 or newer. The 40mm and 41mm cases work with band sizes 1–9; the 44mm and 45mm cases works with band sizes 4–12.

For more info, see:

Buy Apple Watch Bands - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 10:35 AM in response to rvchahal

It is entirely up to you, if that is what you want. There should be no compatibility issues.

You can match most bands with any Apple Watch Series 3 or newer case of the same size. The 41mm bands work with 38mm and 40mm cases; the 45mm bands work with 42mm and 44mm cases.

The Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop bands are only compatible with Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 4 or newer. The 40mm and 41mm cases work with band sizes 1–9; the 44mm and 45mm cases works with band sizes 4–12.

For more info, see:

Buy Apple Watch Bands - Apple

Feb 5, 2022 7:59 AM in response to rvchahal

Congratulations. I've had one for a long time. It's a terrific band. I'm kind of a band-a-holic and have a pretty large collection of Apple Watch bands, including some from Apple and some from other manufacturers, including leathers and stainless steel. Here's another example from Juuk my boss bought me for Christmas this year, which is very similar in style to the Apple Stainless band:

Feb 3, 2022 12:05 PM in response to rvchahal

That's a personal choice of course. There is no reason you can't use the band on an Aluminum watch. While I have the Stainless Steel Apple Watch Series 7, I have recently purchased two bands (in stainless) from Juuk Design, which I think are of exceptional quality and they just so happen to sell bands in Anodized Aluminum, which might be a really good choice for your watch. Very high quality and more affordable, if you'd like to check out one option: https://juukdesign.com/collections/anodized-aluminum/products/42-44mm-velo?variant=29384110866550

Is it worth it to use Apple watch Stainless Steel Link bracelet with Aluminum Case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.