Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet in my iPhone doesn’t sync with the Wallet in my apple watch

Hi from Japan.

After updating Watch OS 8.4, some of my cards related to Apple wallet in my iPhone have not been syncing with my apple watch wallet.

I went to Genius bar, but there is no way to solve the problem.

Apple staff tried syncing his watch with his iPhone, it worked well. However he ask me to wait next Watch OS update.

I got a doa.

Apple Watch Series 7, 8

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 8:57 AM

I have the same problem.

I deleted my old COVID Passport on my iPhone (11 Pro, 15.3) and Apple Watch (M02K3VC/A, 8.4.1) because I had my third shot. However, after scanning my QR code and adding it to my iPhone wallet, it does not sync to the Apple Watch wallet.

I saw elsewhere a workaround for sending a pass to yourself with iMessage but COVID passports are not shareable.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 8:57 AM in response to -o_o-jp

I have the same problem.

I deleted my old COVID Passport on my iPhone (11 Pro, 15.3) and Apple Watch (M02K3VC/A, 8.4.1) because I had my third shot. However, after scanning my QR code and adding it to my iPhone wallet, it does not sync to the Apple Watch wallet.

I saw elsewhere a workaround for sending a pass to yourself with iMessage but COVID passports are not shareable.

Feb 9, 2022 6:03 AM in response to Tony in Ottawa

@Tony in Ottawa

The workaround works also for COVID passport. The trick is to use a Web-Site which lets You download the certificate as .pkpass-file, then sent this to your own email-address and open the mail on the Apple Watch itsself and then add the attachment (.pkpass) from there to the wallet, works fine. A example page in EU for this procedure is https://covidpass.marvinsextro.de/en

I used Firefox on my Mac, then opened my 3rdcertificate.pdf, select a nice color and downloaded the .pkpass ...

I don't know if this works in Ottawa, but I think You use the same technique with QR-Codes there... so You only had to find a service which let's You generate a .pkpass....

Apple Wallet in my iPhone doesn’t sync with the Wallet in my apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.