Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey: delivery receipt with Apple Mail

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to set up the delivery email receipt from Apple Mail; I used this for setting it on:

• Quit Mail
  • Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/)
  • Enter the following text (make sure to keep all quotes exactly as is!)

defaults write com.apple.mail UserHeaders '{"Disposition-Notification-To"="your@address";}'

(In place of "your@address", enter your own email address)

So, it partially worked out, the person who received my email did receive my email with the notification of email receipt, although this command seemed worked out as Reading Receipt, whilst I am looking for the Delivery Receipt (the same one that WIndows users can do through Outlook).

Any help?

Many Thanks in Advance

PS: the Unix command above has been taken from another post provided by Timothy Simmons, who thankfully wrote those lines for another similar question.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 11:21 AM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2022 8:30 AM in response to NowApple

NowApple wrote:

• Hi Everyone!

I am trying to set up the delivery email receipt from Apple Mail; I used this for setting it on:

Quit Mail
• Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/)
• Enter the following text (make sure to keep all quotes exactly as is!)

defaults write com.apple.mail UserHeaders '{"Disposition-Notification-To"="your@address";}'

(In place of "your@address", enter your own email address)

So, it partially worked out, the person who received my email did receive my email with the notification of email receipt, although this command seemed worked out as Reading Receipt, whilst I am looking for the Delivery Receipt (the same one that WIndows users can do through Outlook).

Any help?
Many Thanks in Advance

PS: the Unix command above has been taken from another post provided by Timothy Simmons, who thankfully wrote those lines for another similar question.

Read receipts are consider the bane of email— and practically useless

I would not waste time on this in the macOS.

You can switch to WIndows or Outlook if this is mission critical to your workflow.

Monterey: delivery receipt with Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.