Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the polling rate of the new Magic Trackpad (2021 aka Magic Trackpad 3)

I have a Magic Trackpad 2, but the polling rate is only 90hz vs the 120hz of the internal trackpad on my 14" MacBook Pro (late 2021).

There is a noticeable stutter/slowness on higher refresh rate displays when I use my Magic Trackpad 2. I was wondering - does the new Magic trackpad from 2021 have a higher polling rate?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 12:34 PM

Hello! I just got a new 16" MBP 2021, and a Magic Trackpad "3", and I am not sure of the actually polling rates, but the Magic Trackpad does seem to studded much more than the built in Trackpad on the MBP. I am guessing that the polling rate is around the same as the second generation Magic Trackpad, hope this helps!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 12:34 PM in response to brandonmoor_e

Hello! I just got a new 16" MBP 2021, and a Magic Trackpad "3", and I am not sure of the actually polling rates, but the Magic Trackpad does seem to studded much more than the built in Trackpad on the MBP. I am guessing that the polling rate is around the same as the second generation Magic Trackpad, hope this helps!

Apr 26, 2022 8:12 PM in response to thangpq

The new MacBook Pros are only 120hz, so I have no idea where you got this information but it’s incorrect.

I bought a Magic Trackpad 3 and it’s only 90hz, just like the Magic Trackpad 2.

if you want a high refresh rate trackpad, it seems Apple doesn’t care to give us one, so we can only hope for an improved iteration or a third party to create one.

What is the polling rate of the new Magic Trackpad (2021 aka Magic Trackpad 3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.